Our Repurchase Agreements Experience
The professionals at CMRA have extensive experience in the repo market over several decades. Our experience includes the use and negotiation of Master Repo Agreements (MRAs), Global Master Repurchase Agreements (GMRAs), the use of bilateral and tri-party repo, and the theory and practice of setting haircuts and margin. We have experience in repo on a wide variety of products ranging from Treasuries, general and special through mortgage and corporate bonds.
While many of our engagements are confidential, please explore some representative projects in the subcategories below.
- Provided expert report in inter-dealer dispute over interpretation of asset swap and repo agreements
- Provided expert report in dispute involving repo liquidations and Private Label MBS (PLMBS) valuation during the financial crisis
- Served as expert in litigation involving a $20 billion portfolio of Agency CMOs funded through repo
- Analyzed valuations in litigation related to margin calls on an MBS hedge fund
- Provided valuation and market practice expert report and testimony in Askin Capital/Granite Funds meltdown
- Advised both dealers and buy-side market participants on repo and reverse repo practices and risk management
Portfolio Management and Trading
- Advised broker dealer on management of liquidity, funding, treasury, and repo risks